Discover Stargazing Tour
Join us on our introductory stargazing tour. This low-intensity tour involves just a short walk to a secluded stargazing point. The focus is on discovering the night sky and spending most of your time actually stargazing.
This tour involves a short walk to get us just far enough away from the tour bus and any lights. If you’ve never gone hiking before, or have never gone walking at night, this is a great experience to get a feel for adventure.
The focus of this tour is not so much the journey, but the destination. We’ll set up our telescopes, pass around the binoculars and share our stargazing app-equipped tablet. Our guides will point out a few noteworthy features (depending on what’s visible that particular night) and help you learn to navigate your way around the night sky.
Once you begin to lose yourself among the stars, our guides will get out the warm drinks.
After you’ve had your fill of dark skies we’ll pack up and return to the bus. From there, it’s just a short return trip to your accommodation.
What’s included in the Tour?
- Personalized tour commentary provided by knowledgeable, friendly, experienced local guides
- Complimentary shuttle transport with pick-up and drop-off at the location of your choosing
- Use of our Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope, and our Sky-Watcher Dobsonian Collapsible 12” Telescope
- Use of our Celestron Cometron 7x50, and Celestron SkyMaster 8x56 stargazing binoculars
- Use of our mobile tablet with access to stargazing app
- Complimentary warm beverage
- Hiking poles
- Collapsible/folding camp chair
What to Bring / Wear
- Whenever you are taking part in outdoor activities in the mountains, it is a good idea to dress in layers appropriate for the weather (e.g. Tops: base-layer t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, sweater or fleece, outer-layer jacket; Bottoms: shorts, long underwear, pants)
- Appropriate outerwear suited for the weather (a good windbreaker or rain jacket)
- Wear good, sturdy walking shoes or hiking boots
- Appropriate headwear (hat, bandana, warm toque, if desired)
- A small backpack (with rain-cover, if you have one)
- Your own headlamp with required red-light setting (if desired)
- Your own hiking poles (if desired)
- A blanket (if desired)
- A favorite cushion or collapsible/folding camp chair (to kneel / sit on, if desired)
- Any medications / allergy prevention
- A Sense of Adventure and an interest to learn!
This tour is suited for participants of all ages, fitness levels and experience levels.
Approx. 2 hrs (start time varies depending on time of year / time it gets dark)
Max Number of Participants: 12
Min Number of Participants: 2
What happens if the weather doesn’t cooperate? Click here to read our FAQs about our back-up plan.